Cherry Aerospace is a global leader in the design and manufacture of fastening systems for the aerospace industry. The Cherry® name is synonymous with aerospace fasteners, and the CherryMax® line of rivets is the most widely-used in the industry. The Cherry® brand dates back to 1940 when the Cherry Rivet Company designed easily-installed blind fasteners, which the aerospace industry quickly adopted as a standard. Cherry Aerospace is headquartered in Santa Ana, California, USA, and is a member of the SPS Fastener Division of Precision Castparts Corp (PCC).
Overview of Cherry Aerospace and its products
Cherry 1900 - supporting NAS1919/1921
Cherry Aerospace now provides NAS1919/NAS1921 blind rivets, as a direct result of customer requests that we bring the Cherry reputation for high quality products to this established design. Aluminum, Monel and Stainless steel products as well as all head styles are available in the single action design. The Cherry 1900 series of fasteners features flush stem-breaks, large bearing-footprints, and the option of blunt-nosed tooling or the exposed lock collar style.
As with all Cherry products, complete installation tool systems are available to support these products.
G800 - New hand-powered tool
Cherry Aerospace is proud to announce the introduction of our latest hand-powered hydraulic tool, the G800. Following the highly successful G750A and incorporating customer driven improvements, the G800 is now available from our authorized distributors. The G800 is capable of installing 3/32" through 1/4" single action aerospace fasteners. This versatility, in a tool weighing less than 2 pounds, will provide a significant cost savings over competitors products, which require dedicated nose assemblies to install each product.
The patented design of the G800 provides the following benefits:
- Over 5000 pounds of power
- Minimum of 3/4" stroke
- Adjustable lever for all hand sizes
- Fluid level indicator
- Cushioned grip
- Adjustable pressure - no longer optional
- "EZ" bleed system - takes away the need for pressure pumps and syringes
- Accepts Cherrymax mount pulling heads - with nose piece interchange system
- Accepts Cherry adapters without the difficulty of a large compression spring, as in older designs
- Backed by Cherry with over 50 years of design and manufacturing experience in riveting tool systems
H1900-456 pulling head for NAS1919/1921 single action fasteners
The H1900-456 pulling head is designed to install 1/8", 5/32" and 3/16" NAS1919 and NAS1921 single action rivets in all materials and grip lengths. The replaceable threaded nose piece design makes conversion from blunt nosed tooling to the "U" type or exposed lock collar type, a quick change. Downtime to allow for pressing in new nose pieces is eliminated with our design. The H1900-456 fits directly on both the Cherry G83 and G84 power riveters.
H747-456 combination pulling head
The H747-456 is an answer to customer concerns for a straight CherryMax pulling head for use in limited access areas, with the convertible design that allows a simple change in nose pieces to install a wide range of fasteners.
The following fasteners are supported when using the H747-456 - and our recommended nose pieces:
- MS20604/MS20605 in 3/32" and 1/8" diameter
- NAS1398/NAS1399 in 3/32", 1/8", 5/32" and 3/16" diameter A Code versions
- NAS9301/NAS9312 in 1/8", 5/32" and 3/16" diameters
- NAS1719/NAS1720/NAS1721 in 1/8", 5/32" and 3/16" diameters both Standard and Lock Creator
- MS21140/MS21141 in 1/8" and 5/32" diameters
- MS90353/MS90354 in 5/32" diameter (both "S" and "U" type)
- NAS1919/NAS1921 (single action), in 1/8" and 5/32" diameters (both washer type and exposed lock collar type)
- MS20600/MS20601 in 1/8" and 5/32" diameters
The H747-456 fits directly on the Cherry G704B, G746A and G747 power riveters.